Previous media engagement:
Articles in the media:
Academic Awards and Commendations:
· Ranked 7th in the world for platelet-activating factor (PAF) research by Expertscape Daily Experts in 2021 and 2022. Ranked 13th in 2023.
· Recipient of PhD Scholarship awarded by the Faculty of Science & Engineering, University of Limerick. Received Fee waivers valued at €22,000 and a €8400 - €12,000 stipend per annum. Total value €44,400. August 2017.
· Dr Sanjeev Kumar Memorial Lecture Finalist, Perelman School of Medicine Postdoctoral Symposium 2021, University of Pennsylvania. ‘Exercise training rescues exercise tolerance and attenuates features of ageing in skeletal muscle of Bmal1 KO mice’. January 2021.
· Overall poster runner-up at the Ocean Frontier Institute (OFI) Workshop, Received $400, St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, Nov 14th, 2019.
· Winner of the 2018 Department of Biological Sciences University of Limerick Postgraduate Research Day Researcher of the Year: Lordan, R. (2018) ‘The effect of milk fermentation on the antithrombotic properties of polar lipids’, presented at the Department of Biological Sciences Postgraduate Research Day, Limerick, Ireland, 14th Dec.
· Visiting scientist to AP Biology students at Friend's Select School to discuss science as a career, March (2022).
· Volunteer with Sparks Philadelphia: Working as a mentor to middle school students in West Philadelphia, PA, USA. (2021).
· Volunteer with Access Campus at the University of Limerick, who provide free tuition to students from poor socioeconomic backgrounds (2012-2018)
· Exhibitor and representative for the University of Limerick at the BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition, Dublin (2016-2019)